compensation: As per collective agreement . employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
North America Construction (1993) Ltd., - NAC Constructors Ltd. (NAC) is Canada’s leading multi-trade builder and provides true Master Builder services to the civil, municipal and energy biofuel marketplaces. The depth of our resources is evident in the variety of projects we construct. From water filtration to wastewater treatment; dams to ethanol; we build it all…and more! The contagious energy and excitement within NAC creates a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals.
NAC is currently seeking Journeyman Plumber/Pipefitter to join our team at our Greater Nanaimo Pollution Control Centre project located in Nanaimo, BC. Candidates must be local to the project (within 100km) or consider themselves as local for the project.
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing piping systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
• Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
• Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
• Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
• Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
• Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
• Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
• Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
• Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
• Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
• Remove and replace worn components.
• Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
• Must be a licensed Pipefitter/Plumber
• Experience working on large scale projects such as WTP/WWTP
• Must possess pipefitting skills for 2" to 20"pipe
• Experience with large bore PVC piping
• Experience with equipment installation
• 3-5 years of experience working in heavy construction
• Hoisting & Rigging skills are considered an asset
• Must be able to work independently
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
• Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
• Valid WHMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform, Confined Space and Fall Arrest certificates are required
• Ability to travel with NAC
• Competitive compensation
• Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
• Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
• Employee Family Assistance Program
• Excellent company matched pension plan
• Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Community involvement opportunities
• Friendly working environment
• Numerous team activities and various company events
NAC is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals to achieve their goals. If you feel that you need accommodations during the recruitment and selection process because of illness/disability, please contact Human Resources for further information.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers