Job Title: Assistant Resident Manager
Primary Location: Vancouver Island - Nanaimo, BC
Job status: Full Time - Permanent
Pacific Cove Properties is a BC-owned and operated property management company providing rental accommodation to almost 3000 families and individuals in communities throughout British Columbia, including Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are seeking a skilled Assistant Resident Manager to join the residential building team in Nanaimo, BC. If you feel you have what it takes to provide our future tenants with a rental experience that is second to none, and you are a people person committed to doing whatever it takes to deliver exceptional customer service and support to our tenants, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Providing an exceptional tenant experience from first contact through to move-out while meeting financial targets for a residential rental building
- Assisting with ongoing leasing of the building
- Assisting with maintaining overall responsibility for tenants at the building
- Assisting with ensuring rent is collected and deposited in a timely manner; Following up on rent payable
- Assisting with small repairs and maintenance
- Assisting in ensuring suites are properly advertised electronically
- Assisting with showing, screening, and qualifying potential tenants
- Assisting with move-ins, move-outs, and everything in between
- Assisting in ensuring all paperwork and tenant management software is completed according to company policy and in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting with any tenant issues as they arise, including eviction, arbitration, disputes, etc.
- Performing detailed building inspections to ensure common areas, interior and exterior are spotless
- Picking up debris from parking lots, walkways, and lawns daily
- Ensuring that the building is clean and presentable at all times
- Responding to tenant cleaning concerns in a timely manner
- Assisting in building maintenance and repairs as needed in cases where cleaning is required after maintenance work
- Performing seasonal cleaning as required, such as but not limited to light gardening, clearing fallen leaves, snow removal (shoveling and salting), and cleaning exterior siding around the main entrance
- Responding to after-hour cleaning/building emergencies when the Resident Manager is off/unavailable
- Ensuring excellent cleaning for scheduled move in's and move out's when there is tenant turnover
What you need to be successful:
- Residential property management experience
- Small repairs and maintenance experience
- Proactive approach and willingness to maintain a clean building
- Understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act
- Strong computer skills: confident in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook (CRM experience considered an asset)
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Exercising tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to think proactively
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.