compensation: Stipend of $25/day to attend sessions employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you between the ages of 17-29 and looking for employment or a new career?
TechWORKS for Young Adults is an online-based, FREE government-funded program geared towards job skills development and digital workplace upskilling to prepare young adults living on Vancouver Island *aged 17-29* for employment.
Connect ANYWHERE, with our online learning platform that utilizes video conferencing software. If you have a computer and a webcam, you have the tools needed to join.
TechWORKS includes lessons in:
* Career Exploration
* Employment Readiness - Discover your most marketable skills
* Online Presence & Promoting Yourself on Social Media
* Interview Skills & Resume Building
* Basic website development & Microsoft Office Suite
Our goal is to introduce you to new digital skills and leverage your existing ones to make you an adaptable and attractive candidate to employers.
You will have access to a team of Employment Counsellors and Job Developers via chat, video conferencing and phone.
TechWORKS is 6 weeks of online classroom followed by 12 weeks of supported work experience.
* Job supports available such as wage subsidy, short-term training (i.e. First Aid, FoodSafe, SuperHost, WHMIS etc.), work gear etc. available
* Paid allowance for attendance
* Online classroom, access anywhere
* Continuous support for up to 1 year