compensation: Stipend of $25/day to attend sessions employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an online employment program that supports participants in the community in gaining secure employment.
*Program will not affect those receiving Employment Insurance, Persons with Disabilities and/or Income Assistance*
By providing a safe and inclusive environment, we focus on enhancing life skills, developing job readiness, providing community and work support, and achieving sustainable employment for every participant.
This FREE government-funded program includes 6 weeks of virtual classroom training (which can be accessed anywhere on Vancouver Island, BC) followed by 12 weeks of employment, self-employment, and/or education.
QW has lessons in:
• Employment Readiness
• Interview Skills and Resume Building
• Job Search Strategies
• Providing Work Supports
• Achieving Job Sustainability
• Interpersonal Life Skills
• Identity in the Workplace
Our team of educators, job developers and career coaches are committed to working with participants in overcoming employment challenges, developing personal and work-related skillsets, and identifying and securing meaningful career opportunities.
• Job supports available such as wage subsidy, transportation, disability support, short-term training (i.e. first aid, FoodSafe), work gear etc. available
• Paid allowance for attendance
• Online classroom, access anywhere
• Continuous support for up to 42 weeks